John Vandenberg wrote:
> Small (native) apps can do Wikimedia work quite effectively using the api
>
> Upload image
> File categorisation
> New page patrol
> Flagged revs/Pending changes
> OTRS

I think I fundamentally agree with your point, but when I consider that
there is (for example) no API for adding or removing a category from a page
(file or otherwise), it seems like a much better investment of finite
resources to create such an API and let others build mobile apps that use
that API. Or fix other long-standing categorization issues such as the
ability to move/rename categories (<https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/3311>).
The lack of infinite developer resources really can't be overlooked or
overstated here, in my view.

MZMcBride