--
- Brian
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85
million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Daniel Kinzler <dan...@brightbyte.de> wrote:
> On 15.01.2013 15:06, Tyler Romeo wrote:
>> I agree with Antoine. Commit messages are part of the permanent history of
>> this project. From now until MediaWiki doesn't exist anymore, anybody can
>> come and look at the change history and the commit messages that go with
>> them. Now you might ask what the possibility is of somebody ever coming
>> across a single commit message that has a typo in it, but when you're using
>> git-blame, git-bisect, or other similar tools, it's very possible.
>
> And then they see a typo. So what? If you look through a mailing list archive
> or
> Wikipedia edit comments, you will also see typos.
>
> I'm much more concerned about scaring away new contributors with such
> nitpicking.

On the other hand, new users may be attracted to the fact that we have
high standards.

I agree that spelling is a valid reason for a -1. After all, -1 is not
the same as a revert in the svn days, it simply means that the commit
is not yet "perfect". (Even in svn a revert was supposed to be no big
deal).

-bawolff