I tried to build a template which wraps template parameters into data-
attributes. First results have been incouraging, then I  find something
logical but unexpected, crushing the whole idea.

I wrote into the code of an infobox-like template something like this:

data-birthdate="{{{birthDate}}}"....></span>

and I very happily see that html code had my data wrapped into such span
tags.

But.... I was testing my code with clean templates, t.i.: templates which
have no wikicode into parameter values (as usually occurs into
it.wikisource). As soon as I tested my idea into another project (Commons)
I found that any wikicode (template call, parameter, link....) present into
the value of infobox parameter breaks the stuff, since it is parsed and
expanded by parser with unpredictable results.

So... I ask you again: is there any sound reason (i.e. safety related,or
server loading related ) reason to avoid that HTML comments, wrapped into
raw page wikicode are sent back into html rendering as-they-are?

Alex brollo