2013/1/22 Paul Selitskas <p.selits...@gmail.com>

> What do you mean by
> >> any wikicode (template call, parameter, link....) present into
> >> the value of infobox parameter breaks the stuff, since it is parsed and
> >> expanded by parser with unpredictable results.
>
> If your {{{author}}} doesn't have anything and it's aŅceptable, then make
> it {{{author|}}}, or {{#if:{{{author|}}}|<span .....}}. Please clarify the
> statement above.

Imagine that my infobox had a parameter author=, and imagine a "clean"
content as this:

author=Alessandro Manzoni

With my template code:

I get into parsed html:

Perfect!

But imagine that my template parameter is:
author=[[Alessandro Manzoni]]

When I pass the parameter content to <span
data-author="{{{author}}}"></span>, I dont' get into html page what I'll
like:

since wikicode [[Alessandro Manzoni]] will be interpreted by the server,
and parsed/expanded into a html link as usual, resulting into a big mess.

The same occurs for any wikicode and/or html passed into a infobox template
parameter.

Alex brollo