Am 23.01.2013 02:12, schrieb Casey Brown:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> They were.
>>
>> I hope that will be fixed quickly.
>
> The easiest way to do that would be to redirect them to
> wikimania.wikimedia.org, which already redirects to the proper year
> through Wikimedia's redirects.conf.

thanks for the hint - I have now changed the redirect target from
wikimania2013.wikimedia.org to wikimania.wikimedia.org on both domains.

I think it would make sense to point the domain itself directly to the
WMF servers and have the Wikimania website running under wikimania.org
directly, with a host ssl.wikimania.org pointing to the WMCH server and
wikimania(.)*.wikimedia.org redirecting to wikimania.org.

/Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch