Long story short: the MediaWiki API could be included at

http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/apis

if someone wants to do the work. Codecademy is happy to have us there.

I think it is a good idea, in need of someone willing to drive this:

- It is a good excuse to improve our API documentation at mediawiki.org.
- Codecademy is a good place to reach to more developers.
- Maybe it is a good chance for someone to take this as a paid job?

The Wikimedia movement wants to spread the 1,3T of content we have, and get more free content from as many channels as possible. Our API plays a big role on this.

Therefore, I *personally* believe that a project to update the API documentation at mediawiki.org and have corresponding exercises at Codecademy has a chance to receive a grant if the proposal and the candidate(s) are solid.

Interested? Let me help you.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation