Hi all
I am Basil George, a research scholar at IIIT, Hyderabad<http://iiit.ac.in/>,
India. I have submitted an IEG proposal to build a tool for easy
visualization of revision histories of Wikipedia pages along with their
relevant statistics by rendering them onto a map. The tool will also
provide suggestions as to which geographical areas lack editors on a
particular topic. Free and open source geo-spatial technologies will be
used for this project which, we hope, will encourage  more technology
developers to pitch in and contribute to developing Wikimedia.

Please go through the proposal
here<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Mapping_History:_Revision_History_Visualizer_and_Improvement_Tracker_using_Geo-Spatial_Technologies>
and
do endorse it if you find it interesting.

Looking forward to a good discussion.

Thanks and regards,

--
Basil.