Antoine Musso wrote:
>Le 05/03/13 14:28, MZMcBride a écrit :
>> A number of former and current contributors (notably Lee Daniel Crocker)
>> have released their creative works and inventions into the public
>>domain: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lee_Daniel_Crocker>.
>
>Does that include is work on the OCaml tool that generate the math
>rendering?  I am wondering if the rendering result would end up being PD
>too.

Sorry, I have no idea. You'd have to ask Lee, I suppose. I think he's
still around.

Generated math expressions fall outside of (U.S.) copyright, as I
understand it, though. At least the majority of them. I don't imagine you
could argue that <math>2+2=4</math> is sufficiently creative to warrant
copyright. Though perhaps more advanced math would qualify.

All that said, I don't think Lee has the authority to release (or not
release) any possible copyright on generated math expressions. A piano
maker surely can't release the copyright on the works of a pianist....

This is why I just release everything into the public domain and flee. ;-)

MZMcBride