On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 05:05:13 -0700, Waldir Pimenta <wal...@email.com> wrote:
I would go further and suggest a way to integrate code comments into manual
pages at mediawiki.org, so that we could have good documentation in both
code and mw.org, without needing to sync it manually. For example, the
detailed description of api.php found at
https://doc.wikimedia.org/mediawiki-core/master/php/html/api_8php.html#detailscould
be integrated into
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:api.php

Similarly, the contents of README files and the docs folder should be
integratable into mw.org.

If what Daniel suggests is feasible, I assume this also is, and imo would
greatly improve the availability and quality of both in-wiki and code
documentation.

--Waldir

This information isn't available in the current doxygen output. Tagfile provides an index. But that kind of content is only available in the full html output. You might be able to get at it if we turned on XML output. But it would have a ridiculous amount of extra cruft you won't want and will take a lot of work to format.