On 03/25/2013 01:39 PM, Greg Grossmeier wrote:
> == Release Announcement (for X.XX releases) ==
>
> Audience: Third-parties, mostly. This would be blogged, mailed out to
> the widest number of applicable lists, etc.
>
> Contents:
>  * "Yay, we accomplished something big" type messaging.
>  * Probably just the short list of new features and breaking changes.
>  * A link to the "full release notes" (above), which is mirrored on a
>    mediawiki.org page instead of pointing people to a gerrit URL.

Serendipitously, I'd like to start making RC releases this weekend.  To
that end, could those of you who are interested in helping out with the
Release announcement look over
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.21 and fill in those sections
that are marked "FIX"?

Under "What's new?" there are currently the following sections, each of
which needs some love:

    1.1 Skins
    1.2 ContentHandler
    1.3 High-resolution image support
    1.4 Ajax patrolling
    1.5 Internationalization: gender neutrality and other
    1.6 New accounts
    1.7 Account creation welcome
    1.8 Other
    1.9 Password Recovery system uses Tokens
    1.10 Wikitext now supported in JavaScript messages
    1.11 Several minor HTML changes
    1.12 Extended collation support
    1.13 Bundled extensions

If you had a hand in any of this work, please look over that page so it
is ready for an announcement.

If you are just learning about these changes, please make sure it
clearly describes what has changed.

--
http://hexmode.com/

[We are] immortal ... because [we have] a soul, a spirit capable of
   compassion and sacrifice and endurance.
        -- William Faulker, Nobel Prize acceptance speech