On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Ryan Lane <rlan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are a content organizer that modifies templates and likes
> to make structures easier for for readers and editors, SMW actually makes
> it much easier to do things that are otherwise impossible in MediaWiki
> without inflexible bots.

Yes, and that sounds like an advantage for people like Quim, whose job is
to create structures for other people to use. What I'm saying, as someone
who is living with our current totally imperfect system of documenting
software and projects on a day-to-day basis, is that I don't see what the
advantages are, and that a redesign and a migration needs to take in to
account everyone's needs more, not just roles like Quim's and the new
contributors he is admirably working to attract. The best way to approach a
project like this is not to propose an up-front migration of an entire wiki
to a new piece of software, just to prototype a few new features.

Steven