On 07.04.2013, 20:11 Paul wrote:

> Indeed. We have a Universal Language Selector for 3rd party websites
> already. This one would be super-duper great. This is where Wikidata
> can play its part as well!

> As for images, we have already a PageImages extension in all wikis,
> and we have Wikidata, where item properties may point to images.

Also, there's Navigation popups[1] while with
api.php?action=query&prop=extracts you can get the text of page lede,
or N first sentences. To summarize, almost everything (or
eveerything) needed for this project is already available, so in a
couple hours of hacking it should be possible to hack the navpopups to
work in the way described in the proposal. I wonder how much reasearch
have the proposer done before making it public? Nevertheless, I'm not
saying that this proposal is not worth a SoC, however it should be
heavily revised based on input from this thread, then we could decide
if it has enough potential.

--
Best regards,
  Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])