phoebe ayers wrote:
>Not agreeing with the arguments of some editors *also* doesn't mean the
>entire engineering and operators department is "doing it wrong", or that
>the Wikidata project (which is not developed by WMF, incidentally, and is
>having its own interesting discussions *among its own community* as we
>speak) somehow is not capable of also debating these questions.
>
>I do not agree with your arguments, Risker. I think Wikidata is great and
>I am happy it has been deployed (or will be soon). I think it will enable
>lots and lots of super cool things in the years to come, and having over
>the years lived through the deployments of commons, categories, new skins
>and who knows what else I am also confident, along with Denny, that we
>will figure it out in the wild as we go.

Hi Phoebe.

The infobox issues are tangential. Wikidata has _very real_ workflow
issues: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikidata/Workflow>. The
current Wikidata implementation is incredibly anti-wiki. I think reading
that page will clearly demonstrate this.

I agree that Wikidata is neat and I look forward to it to being available
on Wikimedia wikis. However, I think it would be terribly (and painfully)
premature to deploy it to a huge production wiki like the English
Wikipedia in its current state.

I can understand the argument for allowing the workflow to naturally
develop and evolve, but there are gaping issues right now, particularly
the lack of a defined syntax for even using Wikidata data, that I don't
believe should be overlooked or brushed aside.

I really don't understand what seems to be like a rush to deploy this on
every Wikipedia.

MZMcBride