On 06/03/2013 02:09 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:
> This is a tricky one to get right

I'm glad it isn't just me. :)

> If it's something time-based you can fairly easily hook up a slider to a
> date/time range, but there's no guarantee there'll be even numbers of items
> on each side.

I'll look at what I have a bit more, but I'm afraid it is simply based
on titles, so all I've got is row offsets.

> IndexPager would let you dive right in to a row offset for any index type,
> but would be much more expensive in lookups on the table (and leaves
> unstable URLs whose contents change as the database changes).

Right.

I'm not too worried about unstable URLs at this point (maybe later), but
do you have an example for row offsets?  I'm probably missing something,
but I don't see an easy way to get the total # of rows at this point.
Since I'm using an older version of MW for this (1.13 -- not my choice!)
is there something I need to backport?  I've looked around already, but
I'm hoping there is just something I'm missing.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Love alone reveals the true shape of the universe.
     -- "Everywhere Present", Stephen Freeman