On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Matthew Walker <mwal...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> 1. Not be tortoise slow
> Pretty sure this only matters because we do continuous integration -- we
> probably don't need to do this for every commit...? Maybe once a day?
>
> In any case -- who says PHPDoc is any faster.

Slow to use, not slow to generate. On my firefox it constantly gets
stopped with a 'script on this page is taking too long to run'

>> 2. Have usable search
> The demo at least doesn't even offer search functionality...
>
> But does this even matter? I would argue in favour of a independent search
> solution along the lines of Ohloh [1] so that we can integrate our JSDuck
> documentation.

Haven't checked out Ohloh's, but something as simple as 'I want to see
documentation for WikiPage::factory' should be achievable by typing
'WikiPage::factory' into the docs. I'm setting up a phpdoc instance on
my local system, to see how it goes.

>> 3. Prettier interface
> Prettier does not mean more usable. Imho after playing with their online
> demo for 5 minutes it was *less* usable than doxygen. Additionally, if you
> think doxygen is ugly, we can reskin it!

My googling skills have not found me too many other skins - I'll be
very happy if you could find / write one!

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog