Various parts of Mediawiki will apply tags to specific edits in recent
changes and histories.

For example, the recently introduced Visual Editor is adding Tag:
VisualEditor to all of its edits.

Are such tags included in the XML dumps of Wikipedia?  It will be a
while before a new dump of enwiki is released, but once it is ready,
I'm wondering if we can use it to track the adoption of Visual Editor
by looking for such Tags in the dump file.  Are the Tags included, and
if so, which dump files are they contained in?

I've looked briefly at the dump documentation and didn't see any
mention of Tags, and I don't recall noticing them during any of the
times I've worked with dump files in the past.

-Robert Rohde