I have avoided getting involved so I could stay focused on fixing bugs and
making improvements to VisualEditor.

This thread has served it's purpose; to surface various arguments about
whether the preference to disable VisualEditor should be hidden or not. The
conclusion has been reached. The preference is now available to opt out
while VisualEditor is in beta. The patch as been deployed, and we all need
to get back to work.

I would like to politely ask us to put this thread to rest so we can all
get back to our respective tasks at hand.

Thank you all for your participation, I am glad we were able to resolve
this.

- Trevor