On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:
> On 07/27/2013 08:37 AM, Petr Bena wrote:
>> So that it would mostly
>> consist of a daemon that based on user subscriptions insert stuff to
>> redis queues.
>
> Wouldn't it be much easier to implement it as, say, a dbus and allow
> people to subscribe to the feed, instead?

Doesn't the 'd' in dbus stand for 'desktop'? :) I've never heard of
dbus being used in server side situations, when there are plenty of
alternatives available (Redis, RabbitMQ, etc). gerrit-to-redis,
grrrit-wm and suchabot already use this architecture for gerrit
streams, no reason it can't scale for Wiki RC Changes.

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog