On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> My understanding from <https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/29898> is that as of
> August 20, 2013, there is now a user preference that can toggle HTTP/HTTPS
> as being required. This is similar to what Gmail and others do (default to
> HTTPS, allow it to be disabled via a user preference). I'm not totally
> sure how users will be able to reach their user preferences if they can't
> log in, though.

Just to clarify a bit: this is a moot problem, because disabling HTTPS in
your user preferences does *not* disable login over HTTPS. Once this is
deployed, *all* logins (as in absolutely all of them on whatever projects
it is enabled on) will be over HTTPS.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science