Sumana Hariharesw​ara recently provided me assistance with some code I wanted
to write and invited me to join the wikitech mailing list, and she also
suggested I share my response to her with the rest of the list subscribers,
which I have reproduced (with some mild alterations) below:

Thanks for the mailing list link, Sumana, just submitted a subscription request.

As for those links you provided, I have bookmarked them and will be
studying them extensively, your assistance is greatly appreciated :)

As for my wiki (https://mediawikitesters.orain.org/wiki/Main_Page), I like to
test gadgets, user scripts, and extensions,
and the wiki is basically for me and anyone else who is interested to
display useful code, test it in a live environment, and hopefully swap
notes with each other on how to improve it it.
The wiki is still rather new, but anyone interested is welcome.

As for the gadgets section of my wiki, I find gadgets to be
incredibly useful and am trying to compile as many gadgets as I can that
 can be used by anyone with MediaWiki that I find universally useful and
 adaptable to any wiki, as I prefer code that
works out of the box and is compatible as possible, especially with the
more recent versions of MediaWiki, and my goal is to make it available
to anyone for any wiki.

Most are from WMF projects or have been adapted from them to be useful on any
wiki.