On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Present situation:
>
> * By default nothing is installed
> * Users can choose whatever they want to add, _including_ PHPUnit

This is forgetting the point that is the topic of this thread: you cannot
currently add dependencies for the MediaWiki core itself because there is
no composer.json file to add them to. If I wanted to add a third party
library as a dependency to MediaWiki core, how would I do it? (Keep in mind
I'm not talking in the scope of my own installation, I mean adding a
dependency to core itself through Gerrit.)

Right now the only somewhat proper approach to adding new core dependencies
is using Git submodules, which is not the most favorable approach for
reasons I mentioned in the beginning of the thread.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science