Yes, zhwiki is still an issue because of LanguageConverter.  I will be
fixing that issue in both Parsoid and the PDF renderer.  (As soon as I
fix some long-standing bugs in image handling for Parsoid/VE.)

It's a bit tough to test the renderer on-line at the moment, because
you have to import your own non-English content into the test wiki.  I
recommend trying things out off-line if possible.  I can also
email/post sample articles if you like.  RTL languages should be
well-supported; I spent about a week getting the details of the
bidirectional algorithm correct.  (And of course we inherit nice
ligatures, etc, for Arabic from the XeTeX engine.)
 --scott