On 3 June 2014 17:01, Matthew Flaschen <mflasc...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 05/22/2014 09:25 PM, James Forrester wrote:
>
>> Possibly, though I would suggest that it is not loaded by default. Frankly
>> if an extension's authors have abandoned their extension to the extent
>> that
>> after several years' clear warning and a six month-long notice period they
>> still didn't do a relatively trivial set of fixes, then it's reasonable to
>> make it necessary for sysadmins to make a (small) effort acknowledging
>> that
>> this code is toxic and should only be used if you're willing to wade into
>> "here be dragons" territory.
>>

> What notice period are you referring to?

I don't recall; probably the announcement at the architecture summit?

There have been a number of high-profile semi-announcements as well as
comments and code reviews relating to this, most obviously this one:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-November/064280.html​

​J.
--
James D. Forrester