I heard from one editor, who shall remain nameless, that they had a lot to
fear from certain people for political reasons and they edit anyway.

As we have seen with incidents in even democratic countries, even their
officials, deep-pocketed litigators, businesses, or extrimists sometimes
threaten or take a variety of hostile actions against Wikimedia
contributors, bloggers, journalists, or members of groups that they dislike.

Pine