On 11/09/2014 12:33 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
> Hmmm, I imagine many spambots have already made this investment if they're
> dealing with popular systems that require e-mail address confirmation.

No doubt there are some that do; but it's a very different technical
hurdle and the management tradeoff (and intrinsic delay) of an email
loop makes huge volume fire-and-forget impossible and rate limits the
amount of spamming that can sucessfuly be done - especially if duplicate
email addresses are further limited.

I'm not saying this is a good solution in general - or that it's a
panacea - but it's worth investigating.

-- Marc