I like how my message to try abandoning captcha entirely came up with a myriad
of complaints how we can be smart, enable new captcha which is unique, etc.

Let's measure the impact.

Could someone kindly please do some metrics on these cases after a user opened
an edit box:
- edit saved without a captcha
- edit attempted to save, faced with captcha, didn't bother entering it and
gave up
- edit attempted to save, faced with captcha, attempted to save again without
entering it, gave up
- edit attempted to save, faced with captcha, attempted it once, succeeded
- edit attempted to save, faced with captcha, attempted it once, failed, gave up
- edit attempted to save, faced with captcha, attempted it twice, got it right
on second try, saved the edit
- ... (x3, x4, x5)

As I heard there were some "A/B" tests and such, and I imagine they could be
capable of getting this information.

--
svetlana