On 4 February 2015 at 08:40, Bryan Davis <bd...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> +1 This sort of major design change is exactly the sort of thing that
> I think the RfC process is good at helping with. Start with a straw
> man proposal, get feedback from other engineers and iterate before
> investing in code changes. The sometime frustrating part is that
> feedback doesn't always come as fast as Product and/or the team would
> like but we can try to accelerate that by promoting the topic more
> often.

Our plan is to have a spike to experiment to determine whether there are
any early roadblocks in the proposed solution. We're not going to consider
commiting to the RESTBase/Node.js path until after that. It seems quite
reasonable to me to also have an RfC alongside our experimentation to try
to think up alternative solutions, and invest in experimenting with those
solutions too, because we're definitely open to anything that helps us move
forwards at this stage.

We'll start writing up an RfC and see where it takes us.

Dan

--
Dan Garry
Associate Product Manager, Mobile Apps