On Mon Feb 09 2015 at 21:25:16 Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> It's your choice to not participate in any project for any reason, but try
> to understand that some people (such as myself) much prefer to work on
> software that's truly free, rather than virally free.
> I hope you don’t seriously think GPL software is not “truly free”.

I agree with the sentiment that copyleft licenses are not truly free, but
only in the sense "you are free to do what you want, but only my way".
This is probably a minority view in the free software community, but not
one that you should dismiss so easily.

As for my opinion, the more licenses the user can choose, the freeer and
the better and I thus support keeping the current GPL 2 or higher license.
In fact I would prefer to go to a less restrictive license, but that is
probably not worth the fight.

Bryan