On February 11, 2015 at 11:49:15, Bryan Davis (bd...@wikimedia.org) wrote:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is more important: allowing as many people to use our libraries as
> possible, or protecting against our libraries from being used in proprietary
> software.

For me, allowing as many people to use our libraries as possible.
For the sake of the discussion, why?

For me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. The advantage of getting
more companies to use our libraries is that (maybe) they will contribute back,
similar to what Apple does with LLVM. However, on the other side of the same
coin, we are allowing the possibility that companies will *not* contribute
back, and instead keep their improvements to themselves (to be clear, I am not
implying malicious intent).

--
Tyler Romeo
0x405D34A7C86B42DF