Hi,

I think I proposed this once but I forgot the outcome.

I would like to implement a new feature called "tool edit" it would be
pretty much the same as "bot edit" but with following differences:

-- Every registered user would be able to flag edit as tool edit (bot
needs special user group)
-- The flag wouldn't be intended for use by robots, but regular users
who used some automated tool in order to make the edit
-- Users could optionally mark any edit as tool edit through API only

The rationale is pretty clear: there is a number of tools, like AWB
and many others that produce incredible amounts of edits every day.
They are spamming recent changes page -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges can't be filtered
out and most of regular users are not interested in them. This would
make it possible to filter them out and it would also make it easier
to figure out how many "real edits" some user has made, compared to
automated edits made by tools.

Is it worth implementing? I think yes, but not so sure.

Thanks