On May 30, 2015 4:07 AM, "John Mark Vandenberg" <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So if a shorter deploy process is implemented, we need to find ways to
> get bug reports to you sooner,

I think work/life balance is going to continue to prevent me personally
from getting things any sooner ;)

> and ensure you are not the only one who
> can notice and fix bugs related to API breakages, etc.

Anyone *can*, just no one really *does* at the moment. The Platform reorg
made a team that would have, but then the Engineering reorg changed that
plan.

We decided to have the new Reading Infrastructure team take on API
maintenance, but at the moment the team is short on developers.

> IIRC your API warnings system can send multiple distinct warnings as a
> single string, with each warning separated by only a new line, which
> is especially nasty for user agents to 'understand'. (but this may
> only be in older versions of the API - I'm not sure)

Fixing that is on my todo list.

> that there would be a warning related to the module used, e.g.
> result['warnings']['allpages'] , but that didnt exist because this
> warning was in result['warnings']['query'].

The query module is used there too ;)