The short answer is: yes. GitHub doesn't have the "patch" as a concept,
only commits, branches, and forks. We only plan on encountering forks when
merging volunteer contributions. Regardless of whether it's a fork, your
ability to push to a branch co Ed down to whether you're a "collaborator"
for that repo.

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
wrote:

> Il 22/07/2015 23:43, Brian Gerstle ha scritto:
>
>> This isn't really about Gerrit vs. GitHub. To be clear, we're mainly doing
>> this for CI (i.e. Travis).
>>
>> That said, we (the iOS team) plan for our workflow to play to GitHub's
>> strengths—which also happen to be our personal preferences.  In short,
>> this
>> means "amending patches" becomes "pushing another commit onto a branch."
>> We've run into issues w/ rebasing & amending patches destroying our diff
>> in
>> Gerrit, and problems with multiple people collaborating on the same patch.
>>

> With GitHub it is not possible to amend other people's patches, is it?
>
>  We think GitHub will not only provide integrations for free CI, but, as an
>> added bonus, also resolve some of the workflow deficiencies that we've
>> personally encountered with Gerrit.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Gergo Tisza <gti...@wikimedia.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:39 AM, Petr Bena <benap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Good job, you aren't the only one. Huggle team is using it for quite

>>> and committers it is problematic in many ways:
>>> * poor repository management (fun fact: GitHub does not even log force
>>> pushes, much less provides any ability to undo them)
>>> * noisy commit histories due to poor support of amend-based workflows,
>>> and
>>> also because poor message generation of the editing interface (Linus
>>> wrote
>>> a famous rant
>>> <https://github.com/torvalds/linux/pull/17#issuecomment-5654674> on
>>> that)
>>> * no way to mark patches which depend on each other
>>> * diff view works poorly for large patches
>>> * CR interface works poorly for large patches (no way to write draft
>>> comments so you need to do two passes; discussions can be marked as
>>> obsolete by unrelated code changes in their vicinity)
>>> * hard to keep track of cherry-picks

EN Wikipedia user page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Brian.gerstle
IRC: bgerstle