On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
wrote:

> The even shorter answer is: you can't amend other people's pull requests
> without being explicitly allowed to.

Which is both good and bad. In gerrit, anyone can amend my patch,
potentially obliterating my changes, which means we need to manually sync
up to prevent conflicts and erasing each others' work:

"I'm going to amend"
"OK!"
"Ok I amended!"
"Ok I'm stashing my changes, pulling, and re-applying!"

As opposed to:

"I pushed a commit to your branch"
"OK, I pulled the remote changes and had mine automatically rebased on top"

Different strokes for different folks.

> Il 23/07/2015 11:57, Brian Gerstle ha scritto:
>
>> The short answer is: yes. GitHub doesn't have the "patch" as a concept,
>> only commits, branches, and forks. We only plan on encountering forks when
>> merging volunteer contributions. Regardless of whether it's a fork, your
>> ability to push to a branch co Ed down to whether you're a "collaborator"
>> for that repo.
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Il 22/07/2015 23:43, Brian Gerstle ha scritto:
>>>
>>>  This isn't really about Gerrit vs. GitHub. To be clear, we're mainly

>>>   We think GitHub will not only provide integrations for free CI, but,
>>> as an

EN Wikipedia user page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Brian.gerstle
IRC: bgerstle