CA and legal are aware. While TOS or other more global polices are
certainly an option I'm not actually sure that's the right move 'at the
moment'. There is a lot of movement to look at options (which will include
wide community discussion) and may lead in a direction like that but, in
general, that is not a reason to delay implementation of processes like
this which can, in fact, assist with the decision making and the tweaking.
Once you've made a giant global policy tweaking it is really hard! Even
when everyone agrees it needs it (and therefore the policy ends up being
less and less enforced even where it should be). Yes a global policy would
have a wide consultation or RfC type discussion before being but that's not
the only thing we NEED here in order to get something that works. We need
to see it in ACTION and be able to see what works and what doesn't work.

James Alexander
Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur