On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM, Bartosz DziewoƄski <matma....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2015-12-04 18:59, Adam Baso wrote:
>
>> I do wonder though if we've spent much time studying the ease of getting
>> at
>> least some part of oojs-ui split out or making it so that new stuff going
>> forward is part of the oojs-ui family but it's not as monolithich?
>>

> Not any more than what is written at <
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T113681#1673158>, as far as I know.
>
> OOjs UI doesn't have a dedicated team (or even a dedicated person)
> supporting it. The changes are mostly driven by whatever the VisualEditor
> or Design teams need, and what they are willing to implement themselves
> (and to a lesser extent, Multimedia team and random people like Brad or
> Florian). This makes it difficult to make any big changes happen.

If OOjs UI is the thing that we're supposed to be using in the future for
our UI stuff, it's very concerning that further development is blocked on
T113681 but no one is planning on working on that task or feels ownership
for the thing.

Is someone going to step up to actually own and maintain the thing? Or
should we consider declaring it a failure and figure out a plan to move
away from it, if no one wants to maintain our home-grown JS UI library
anymore?

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer