On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <bjor...@wikimedia.org
> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Strainu <strain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Back when preprocessor optimization data was displayed on the preview
> > page, one could see the output of mw.log and mw.logObject calls in the
> > LUA code there. Right now, I can't find any place when I can do that
> > any longer. I know about the debug console, but that is populated only
> > when you introduce something there and it's almost impossible to
> > exactly reproduce the parameters generated by passing through 3
> > templates and 2 other module calls.
> >

> It looks like Aaron removed all the performance data that was previously
> displayed at the bottom of the preview page in favor of hiding it in a
> JavaScript variable. To access the logs now, you should be able to do
> "mw.config.get(
> 'wgPageParseReport' ).scribunto['limitreport-logs']".
>
> To make a user-friendly display now, someone would have to write a gadget
> to generate some visible output from the data in that variable.

Peter Hedenskog is working on it. You can preview the work by visiting
https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Main_Page , clicking on
"performance inspector", and then "parser profiling data". We (=WMF
performance team) have been getting ready to announce this and to start
soliciting feedback. The extension code is available at
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-PerformanceInspector .