I'm helping review a tool <>
that I understand Wikimedia Taiwan is eager to use, which uses a parser
hook to render ideographic description characters
into PNG glyphs in order to display historic or rare characters which
aren't covered by Unicode.  It's very cool.

The challenges are first that it's based on a Tomcat backend
which I'm not sure is precedented in our current ecosystem, and second that
the code uses Chinese variable and function names, which should
unfortunately be Anglicized by convention, AIUI.  Finally, there might be
security issues around the rendered text itself, if it were misused to mask

I'm mostly asking this list for help with the question of using Tomcat in