On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Fako Berkers <em...@fakoberkers.nl> wrote:

> I'm running the tool algo-news and I discovered that this image:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Odin_lloyd.jpg
> Is indicated as a free image in the API:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?format=json&prop=
> pageprops&action=query&redirects=1&pageids=39787564
>
> Should I report this as a bug?

That feature uses the presence of a particular hidden <span> in the HTML of
the page to determine non-freeness. On that particular image, the license
template was missing that span,[1] and it also didn't use the standard
non-free use rationale template[2] which also would have added the needed
span.

Then null edits to the image and the page fixed things up.

 [1]: Fixed in
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Non-free_fair_use&diff=776553380&oldid=749836414
 [2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Non-free_use_rationale