On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 2:48 AM, mathieu stumpf guntz <
psychosl...@culture-libre.org> wrote:

But having ability to write a limited amount of bytes in a single data
> module per script call, and possibly others safeguard limits, wouldn't be
> that risky, would it?

It would break T67258 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T67258>. I also
think it's probably a very bad idea to be trying to have page parses make
edits to the wiki.

> If it's not, please provide me some feed back on the proposal to add such
> a function, and if I should document such a proposal elsewhere, please let
> me know.

You're free to file a task in Phabricator, but it will be closed as
Declined. There are too many potential issues there for far too little
benefit.

Your initial idea of somehow hooking into the editor (whether that's the
wikitext editor or VE) with JavaScript to allow humans to make edits to the
data module while editing another page was much better.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer