On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:33 AM, bawolff <bawolff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I disagree. I don't think its useful or possible to try to forecast
> technical trends 15 years out. 15 years from now, it is just as likely
> that facebook will be as relevant as myspace is today, as it is that
> facebook will go full cyberpunk dystopia on us and rule the world. I
> don't think we can realistically predict anything 15 years out.

That's why I argued we should consider the code quality of both, and
determine which we'd feel most comfortable supporting on our own in the
case our crystal balls are wrong and we end up holding the bag for the
runtime.  (This is just one factor to consider; my argument is that we
should carefully enumerate the various factors before making an evaluation,
not just dismiss any of the options out of hand.)
 --scott

--
(http://cscott.net)