> MZMcBrider wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand. I would expect a link trail with
> "[[Examples|Example]]s" since there is a link trail with "[[Example]]s".
> I'm not sure why anyone would associate link trail behavior with the presence
> or lack of a pipe character. The defining characteristic of link trails is
> text being adjacent to "]]", as far as I know.

Yeah, currently there is a link trail with "[[Example]]s", but I neither
consider this intuitive nor helpful. If I specify target and link text
separately, why would I want a link trail? I could write it as part of the
target instead. I think for most people writing something like
[[Examples|Example]]s is the first thing they try to avoid link trails. In my
opinion, link trailing doesn't make anything easier if target and link text are
specified separately. To be clear: I propose to change the current parser
behavior to avoid unwanted link trails.

> Is the particular case you mention common? It seems like it would be much
> more common for a user to simply write "[[Examples]]" currently to achieve
> the same output.

As the case I mentioned shouldn't be common and clearly more complicated as
needed, I think a behavior change wouldn't have that much impact.

Regards,
MGChecker