Hi Martin,

I'm not familiar with all of the information about how WMF currently uses
CAPTCHAs, but I suggest being careful about doing anything that could add
to the workloads of volunteer patrollers, admins, and checkusers. My
feeling is that you should consult with people who are most likely to get
more work as a result of this change, even if you think that any negative
impact will be negligible. There may be some requests for carefully
designed tests to ensure that any changes do not result in surprise
increases to workloads for existing volunteers who already have more than
enough work to do.

Pine