Thanks a lot for working on this! \o/

I'll definitely use it for the next international conference I'm involved
in (Celtic Knot Conference, for which I'm drafting the schedule right now).
I think it would be really useful to have it as a gadget, as I don't really
imagine asking our non-Wikimedians participants to "copy paste this piece
of code on your common.js".

Cheers,

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 17:14, Michael Schönitzer <
michael.schoenit...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> due to the global health crisis we nowadays have more online events. This
> allows for people around the globe to participate but also means easier
> handling different timezones is more important.
> Since Wikimedians love to organize and schedule their events onwiki, often
> on Meta-Wiki, I wrote a tiny userscript and template that allows organizers
> to set up the conference program with UTC times and users can see them in
> their local timezone and local date format. It's of course also usable for
> all other kinds of pages.
>
> It works and is useable but so far still in my user namespace:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Michael_Sch%C3%B6nitzer_(WMDE)/timezoneconverter
>
> As the next step I would like to move it to the main namespace on meta and
> convert it to a gadget. (Later it could be copied to other Wikis, when
> needed.)
> Before that I wanted to ask for feedback. Is this something you would use?
> Is there anything esential missing, can you see any negative side effects,
> or would you like it to be renamed before people start using it? Looking
> forward to hearing from you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> PS: The great idea for this gadget is from Léa Lacroix.
>
> --
> *M. F. Schönitzer*
> Community Communication
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland e. V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
>
> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
>
> https://wikimedia.de
>
> Unsere Vision ist eine Welt, in der alle Menschen am Wissen der Menschheit
> teilhaben, es nutzen und mehren können. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
>
> https://spenden.wikimedia.de

> sum of all knowledge. Help us to achieve our vision!
>
> https://spenden.wikimedia.de
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.

Léa Lacroix
Project Manager Community Communication for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für