Thanks for replying!

The original idea was to make it very easy to change things up in LocalSettings.php, without ever touching code (which must be committed, pulled, etc). For example, if I disable extension:EmbedVideo in my "kiosk" mode, I just add the relevant parser functions to $wgNoopTagsFunctionBlacklist in LocalSettings.php.

However, I don't make enough changes to which extensions are loaded for this to be too onerous.

How do I go about actually implementing this? I would have to create a different magic i18n file for every facet of the site (determined by subdomain), as each has a different set of parser functions to override, wouldn't I? How do I conditionally load those?

Dror