Can something like this be replicated in other extensions? I think it's a vital feature for extension developers, because compatibility with only master is next to useless. To be honest, it boggles my mind that this hasn't become common practice long ago.

--
The Slightly Mind-Boggled Ostrzyciel

On 12/09/2022 16:14, Robert Vogel via Wikitech-l wrote:
The continous integration testing currently uses the same branch fot the "dependecies" as it tests. So if you create a change set on branch `master`, it will use `master` for all the other repos (like mw core, extensions, skins) it clones to build up the environment. I am not aware of any way to influence this on a per repo level.

The only way I am currently aware of is to commit against a branch called `REL1_35` of your extension and then cherry-pick the changes up to `master`, once the tests have passed. This will make the CI tests use the `REL1_35` branch of each dependency (including mw core).

--
Robert
*Von:* Sebastian Berlin <sebastian.ber...@wikimedia.se>
*Gesendet:* Montag, 12. September 2022 12:20
*An:* Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
*Betreff:* [Wikitech-l] How to specify version of MW that Jenkins should run? I'm having some issues with Jenkins running the latest version of MW for an extension (Wikispeech <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wikispeech>). Jenkins run with the 1.40 alpha, but we want the extension to support the latest LTS (1.35 as of right now).

I tried changing in extension.json to:
"requires": {
     "MediaWiki": "1.35.*"
}
which caused an error for Jenkins:

    12:44:09 A dependency error was encountered while installing the
    extension "Wikispeech": Wikispeech is not compatible with the
    current MediaWiki core (version 1.40.0-alpha), it requires: 1.35.*.

The whole log is here: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/P34482.

How can I specify what version of MW to run with? I've looked at both the MW wiki and Wikitech, but hasn't found any instructions for this.

Best,

*Sebastian Berlin*
Utvecklare//Developer/
Wikimedia Sverige (WMSE)