michael cardenas wrote:
> >wrc couldn't handle all complicated #ifdefs with
> >logical conditions and/or continuation backslash '\' on the
> >end of line. Then we used gcc to preprocess files, so its not that important
>
> Well, if we claim we can compile out of the box, people are not going to be
> happy to find out that they have to do some compilcated acrobatics wiht gcc
> to get their resoures to compile.

All of these have been fixed with wrc 1.1.x. The 1.1 version has its own
ansi compliant preprocessor.

> >handling of bigger bitmaps was incorrect. Hard to say what
> >bigger means, but it looked like our splash screen (120 kB ?) was
> >causing problems.
>
> This was why we couldn't get the main application resource to compile.

This is strange. Could you send me the offending bitmap and resource
snippet (if possible)?

There should not be a problem, because bitmaps are simply copied from
the source to resource in binary form without change. But this might be
wrong...

It could be a Bitmap V4 problem though.

> >requirement to put different identifiers (different numbers) to distinct
> >(and unrelated)
> >user types is odd and incorrect (problems with duplicated label in
> >asseambly output).
>
> We use a lot of user types in canvas, and this presented us with lots of
> problems.

Have all been solved with the introduction of wrc 1.1. Usertype
resources are now compatible.

The duplicate label problem was solved in version 1.0.18 if I recall
correctly.

Greetings Bertho