I didn't do most of our wrc work, but here's a summary of the problems we had.

>wrc couldn't handle all complicated #ifdefs with
>logical conditions and/or continuation backslash '\' on the
>end of line. Then we used gcc to preprocess files, so its not that important

Well, if we claim we can compile out of the box, people are not going to be
happy to find out that they have to do some compilcated acrobatics wiht gcc
to get their resoures to compile.

>handling of bigger bitmaps was incorrect. Hard to say what
>bigger means, but it looked like our splash screen (120 kB ?) was
>causing problems.

This was why we couldn't get the main application resource to compile.

>requirement to put different identifiers (different numbers) to distinct
>(and unrelated)
>user types is odd and incorrect (problems with duplicated label in
>asseambly output).

We use a lot of user types in canvas, and this presented us with lots of
problems.

Michael Cardenas                                                Deneba Software
Lead Linux Programmer                                   http://www.deneba.com
"Imagine someone saying, 'If an uncensored press is not better for
publishers as well as readers, it cannot (and should not) prevail.' This
would show that person does not understand freedom of the press as an issue
of liberty. For people who value civil liberties, such views are ludicrous.
-Richard Stallman
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html#AboutFreeSoftware