On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip]
> > I was wondering if I could drop NT platform to use Linux with Wine. The
> > only
> > point left without an answer is how to link the MS lib with GCC under
> > Linux.
[snip]
[snip]
> Let's see if I understand what you are asking.  You want to write c code
> that calls fuctions in MSVC.DLL and compile it with gcc?
>
> The way I know to do that is to write the c code as a winelib
> program.  It would get at the dll with LoadLirary and GetProcAddress.
>
> There is a HOWTO-winelib in <wine>documetation.

Unfortunately, the part of HOWTO-winelib on DLLs is still incomplete. I
submited a patch yesterday, but there were some (legitimate) objections to the
size of the files I submitted as examples. I withdrew the patch this morning.

Also, you refer to the library as .lib in the subject line.
Is this a static library? I don't know of any way to link a static library into
WineLib. Depending on how the library is to interact with your application, you
may be able to wrap the static library into a dynamic library and use WineLib.

If you don't mind large emails, send me a private email and I can give you the
examples and the most recent version of the HOWTO-winelib.

--
Wilbur Dale
Lumin Software BV

phone: +31-(0)162-47.88.42