The library is self sufficient.

Anyone knowing a linker able to link NT DLL to a Linux glib2.1 executable ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe Bonnes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 14:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Link windows NT .lib

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Here is what I got so far trying to link.

Hallo,

I too want to join the discussion...

It still isn't said, what the library functions deliver. Do those
library functions call other windows functions or not?

If those functions are self sufficent, "all" you need to do is find a
linker that understand the MSVC format and build a Linx executable.

If these functions call other windows functions, you must check what
these functions are. If these functions are easy to emulate, I would
propose writing  wrapper functions ( with WINAPI calling convention)
transforming those functions into Unix Libc functions. Then again a
linker understanding MSVC format is needed and you would link your
code against the library and the wrapper.

If the library functions need the full fledged Windows Api, I think
Winelib won't buy you too much. As you don't have source, you can't
compile an application for anything else then X86. So build a normal
Windows executable and run with Wine or NT as you like. A winelib
application has nearly the same requirements as a windows application
running under Wine. But again I understand that a linker understanding
MSVC libraries and running under Unix/Linux would be welcome. Perhaps
dlltools from the cygwin/mingw toolchain may help or implib, but I
don't know.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                [EMAIL PROTECTED]