[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> How do you proceed when wine call native DLLs like gdi32.dll ?
> How wine is linked so it nows how to call functions in gdi32.dll ?
>
> Couldn't I use the same for my linux program be able to call chli.dll
> exports ?

Hallo,

as you told in a previous posting, those dlls are self
sufficent. This means for me that you don't need USER, GDI or such. If
your user program doesn't use functions from these libraries neither, you
don't have to link against them.

Wine and winelib however has a complete Loader facility that it can
resolve DLL calls. That way a windows executable running in wine or a
winelib executable has the abbility to resolve external
references. But to use that loader, you need "full-fledged" wine.

As you now talk about chli.dll, I think those .lib file you talk about
are only stubs into that dlls and not static libraries and you will
need full fledged Wine/Winelib capabilities.

B.t.w.: Wine can't use native gdi/kernel/user and other core dlls and
reimplements them.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                [EMAIL PROTECTED]